Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Kenya Mission Report 2

             The sudden roar of the engines coupled with the rapid burst of energy that it brought threw me back in my seat. Within moments we were far above the ground and soaring to heights far above. Somewhere down below, nestled in the forest of North Idaho, was my home.  Somewhere down there my cat was catching a mouse or waiting for her breakfast that I would never bring.  Somewhere down there our two dogs where sitting in a crate wondering when we would come home to let them out.  Somewhere down there were the trails that I had loved to hike and explore.  Somewhere down there where the family and friends I loved so much.  Would I ever get to see all these things again?  I glance over and see that my little sister is wiping tears from a red face that is presently peering out the window and realize that she is wondering the same thing.  Will there be a next time?
It feels as if a part of my heart stayed with the treasure of my family and friends and an achy feeling steels over my being.  I am forced to ask the question,” Is this too great a sacrifice?” Without a moment’s hesitation I reply, “No, not at all!”  What I am leaving behind pales in comparison with what stands before me.  Ahead of me awaits a work commissioned me by the God of heaven, a work that holds eternal reward.  How could I ever feel that the sacrifice is too great when the Lord of glory left all the splendors of heaven to come to this sin-sick world to live the life that I should live and died the death that I should die? 
Suddenly these words come to mind, “And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” Matthew 19:29 A tear steels to my eye as I meditate upon these words.  All that I have given up will be repaid an hundredfold?  I am reminded of the words of a song and it is as if I could hear the melodious chorus even then.  “Be still my soul, Thy Jesus can repay from His own fullness all He takes away!”
  Praise God! I have been called to be a partaker of the self-sacrifice of Christ, oh unworthy I am for this high calling and mission that He has called me to.  It is only by His grace that I can fulfill His plan for my life. In reverence I bow my head and silently send up a prayer to God. 
“Dear Father in Heaven, I am humbled by Thy calling on my family and my life.  I ask that You will help us to fulfill the mission that You are sending us on.  Thank You for the Sacrifice that You gave in Jesus. What I have given up is nothing in comparison with Christ.  I ask that the same spirit of unselfish love that, Christ lived, will be the motivating factor in everything I do, say, and think. You have blessed me so abundantly and I praise you for everything.  In Your dear and precious name, Amen. ”
***********
“Jesus is today in heaven preparing mansions for those who love Him; yes, more than mansions, a kingdom which is to be ours. But all who shall inherit these blessings must be partakers of the self-denial and self-sacrifice of Christ for the good of others.”  God’s Amazing Grace p.62 par.2 

No comments:

Post a Comment